SATs - Year 2 and Year 6
Key Stage 1 SATS
From 2016 there will be some changes to the Key Stage 1 SATS assesments.
During May, all Year 2 children in state schools nationally will be assessed in reading, grammar, punctuation and spelling and mathematics. This assessment will take the form of test papers, administered in the children's classroom or another school space, by their teacher.
KS1 national curriculum test outcomes will be reported to you as part of your child's full end of year report but scaled scores will be used rather than levels as previously. More information will follow about these scores.
A new set of KS1 national curriculum tests replaces the previous tests and tasks. The new tests consist of:
- English reading Paper 1: combined reading prompt and answer booklet
- English reading Paper 2: reading booklet and reading answer booklet
- English grammar, punctuation and spelling Paper 1: spelling
- English grammar, punctuation and spelling Paper 2: questions
- mathematics Paper 1: arithmetic
- mathematics Paper 2: reasoning
There is no longer a test for English writing
Key Stage 2 SATS
From 2016 KS2 national curriculum test outcomes will no longer be reported using levels; scaled sores will be used instead.
There will only be one set of tests for each subjects.
The tests will include a small number of questions designed to assess the most able pupils so seperate tests, such as the previous level 6 tests, will no longer be needed.
The mental maths test has been replaced with an arithmetic test.
Teacher Assessment will be the main focus for writing at KS2 and will be based on a range of writing in class, for internal (6 weekly) assessments and for homework across a range of subjects. Teachers will also submit their professional judgements of children’s standards of attainment in maths and science.
The key Stage 2 tests consist of:
- English reading: reading booklet and answer booklet
- English grammar, punctuation and spelling Paper 1: short answer qustions
- English grammar, punctuation and spelling Paper 2: spelling
- Mathematics Paper 1: arithmetic
- Mathematics Paper 2: reasoning
- Mathematics Paper 3: reasoning
|KS1 Parent Guide_2016||[pdf 688KB]|
|KS2 Parent Guide_2016||[pdf 617KB]|